How to Load Firmware to a DSP56300
- Download Flash_Over_Jtag.zip, and install it on your windows PC.
- Purchase a command converter, and a parallel cable. These can be purchased from www.freescale.com.
- Power the PCB.
- Connect the command converter 14 pin cable to the corresponding JTAG connector on the board.
- Run Command Converter Server. This can be found under the Motorola DSP tools group under the start/programs tab in windows.
- Run the program GDS56300. It will let you know if it can not connect to the board.
- Set the file-path to where the program file (.cld) is by using the File/Path command.
- Load the program into memory, by using File/Load/Memory Coff. The file you will load is a .cld file.
- Press the Go button to begin execution.